“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”- Genesis 1:27.
“Therefore shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.”- Genesis 2:24-25.
When God created man, He made them male and female with their different sex organs to perform triple functions- urination, reproduction and sexual activities. This signifies that man is a sexual being and that he can have sex as God intends; which is part of the word “cleave”.
Now, since God gave us sex, He gave us rules on how to utilize it. Please read Leviticus 18 and 20. God’s rule are not burdensome or intended to frustrate our lives but rather to bless and to preserve us, Proverb 3:1-2. If we refuse to keep His word, then we are heading for destruction, Deuteronomy 28:15. Presently, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) such as syphilis, gonorrhea, genital wart, HIV/AIDS, etc are one of the major causes of death world wide. Many divorce cases and loneliness are due to sexual immorality. God doesn’t force His will on man. He gave us the right to choose either to abide by His will or otherwise. The benefits or consequences of which side we are; we shall bear, “Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap”, Galatians 6: 7.
Some God ordained sex rules:
1. Thou shall leave your father and mother before you cleave/indulge in sexual activities. Genesis 2:24a.
2. It is intended for married couple as long as both of them shall live, Genesis 2:24-25.
3. To avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband, 1 Corinthians 7:2.
4. Sex is not to be commercialized, Deuteronomy 23:17.
5. Sex should not be by coercion (rape), 1 Corinthians 7:3.
6. But by consent, 1 Corinthians 7:3-4.
7. Render unto your spouse his/her due, that is; be responsible to your spouse financially, materially, spiritually, sexually, etc 1 Corinthians 7:3.
8. Thou shall not approach any of your next of kin, that is; relatives (father, mother, sister, uncle, brother, cousin, etc) to see their nakedness, Leviticus 18: 6.
9. The wife has no power over her own body, but the husband, 1 Corinthians 7:4.
10. The husband has no power over his own body but the wife, 1 Corinthians 7:4
11. Thou shall not commit fornication or premarital sex, 1 Corinthians 6:18.
12. Spouses should not deprive each other, except it be with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer and come together again, that satan tempt you not for your lack of self control, 1Corinthians 7:5.
13. It should not be a tool of demand, victimization, harassment, intimidation, ransom, lewdness, seduction, torment, hallucination, hypnotization etc, 1 Thessalonians 4:4-8.
14. Thou shall not uncover the nakedness of your father’s wife, Leviticus18:8.
15. Thou shall not commit homosexuality, Leviticus 18:22, Romans 1:27-28.
16. Thou shall not commit bestiality, Leviticus 20:15-16.
17. Thou shall not commit prostitution, Leviticus 19:29 and Deuteronomy 23:17.
Some people also have the grace to be eunuch, that is; not to marry from their mother’s womb, “For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother’s womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake…”- Matthew 19:12.
The most important thing is that every man should abide as God has given him/her grace, 1 Corinthians 7:17.