Sex Is a Risk
Sex is a beautiful experience. It can also be bitter when abused. It is like a two edged sword. It’s a blessing. Also; it can harm the abuser. The world has 1001 reasons you should have sex, but they won’t tell you reasons to refrain from sexual immorality. They promote the pleasure forgetting that every pleasure can become a poison or pain when abuse.
As human, you want the kisses, touches, smooches, intercourse, etc. Please don’t throw away fear of God, caution, discipline and counsels. Sex inside a committed marriage gives you a cover, protection, security which you cannot find in sex outside marriage.
Some Risks in Indulging in Sexual Immorality.
Risk associated with sexual immorality include but not limited to the following:
1. You sin against God which can make you lose your relationship with Him.
“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?” Romans 6:1 (KJV)
2. You sin against your body which is the temple of God.
“…but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body,” 1 Cor. 6:18 (KJV).
3. You risk being possessed by demons which might want to destroy your soul.
“But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul,” Prov. 6:32 (KJV).
4. It’s a highway to hell fire.
“But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars — their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.” Rev 21:8 (NIV).
5. You lose your peace, joy, happiness, self-worth, integrity, etc.
David was an example of this after committing adultery. The devil stole his joy and peace, Psalm 51. Remember, the devil comes to steal, kill and destroy, John 10:10.
6. Though you are doing it in secret, it consequences may hurt your future. Today, a lot of people all over the world are hunted by sexual scandal, diseases, divorce, etc.
“For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was anything kept secret, but that it should come abroad.” Mark 4:22; (KJV).
Courtesy: Abiodun Aremo
President: Covenant Marriage and family Life Ministries
for more, like us on facebook: www.facebook.com/blissfulrelationship/