COVENANT FAMILY DAILY MEDITATION
DATE:THURSDAY,11TH JULY, 2019
THEME: BECOMING A MAN (1).
TOPIC: WHAT A HUSBAND IS NOT
TEXTUAL FOCUS: “Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life, that your prayers be not hindered (1Peter 3:7)
POINTS OF EMPHASIS:
One of the primary roles of a husband in the Bible is to LEAD. Leadership simply means influence. Therefore, a bible-believing husband should influence his family positively.
Husbands are not dictators, they should not rule over their wives. Instead, husbands should influence their wives and families in accordance with biblical teachings. They should do this exemplifying godliness with their words and their actions, and also with attributes that bring glory to God and value to their spouses and families.
There are two specific ways a husband influences his home: through provision and protection. As a husband, sometimes you need encouragement in the quest to step up and be the man God has called you to be. Sometimes we need a mentor – someone who will show us how to be godly men, how to love our wives as Christ loves the church.
The following are things husbands are not.
1. He is not a person who comes home from work and sit in front of the television for the night, leaving his wife to bear the responsibility for everything going on in the home.
2. He is not a workaholic. Stop working so much, your wife would rather have some time with you than all the big houses and nice cars in the world.
3. He is not a spiritually lazy individual. Stop allowing the spiritual leadership of the family to be on your wife by default.
4. He is not indisciplined. Stop being passive when it comes to disciplining and training your kids.
5. He is not a dictatorial leader. Stop allowing your role as leader in the home to be an excuse for selfish behavior. Don’t forget that a true leader also serves.
6. He is not an abuser of the wife. Stop dishonoring your wife by criticizing her in front of your children or in public.
7. He is not angry man. Stop using your anger and strength to intimidate your wife and children.
8. He is not a controller. Stop acting like God and trying to control your wife. Remember Ephesians 5:25 “Husbands, Love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her”.
A good husband is the one who loves his wife as Christ loved his church.
Oh Lord, remove every evil intentions in me, and fill my heart with Christ’s love for his church.
I receive grace to fill my heart with word of God so l can reflect His love in my family.
Please share with someone.
Covenant Marriage and Family Ministries (CFM).
For counseling and prayers: 08166548083,
Like our Facebook page on: www.facebook.com/blissfulrelationship/
Join our facebook group: https://mobile.facebook.com/groups/238483136215974?refid=18&ref=opera_speed_dial&__tn__=C-R
CFM, …raising covenant people unto God